Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Sister is Wonderful

I just wanted to share with you what she sent to me today. While I keep my faith close to myself and don't express it often, I really found this to be comforting:

I've been thinking of you extra today. There's always so much I want to say, but I know it's not really the kind of stuff you want to hear. But I'm really praying you can find peace in this great struggle you're facing, and a light in this dark cloud you're in. And that you can find peace in believing that even when God's plan is different than ours, His plan is surely better. And even if it's painful at times along the way -- even if it's gut-wrenchingly awful -- we want the better plan in the end. This is something I remind myself of when I don't get the first (or second, or tenth) plan I want... "Even if it's painful, I want the better plan." I hope you can find peace and believe this, even in this really horrible time for you. I love you!

And this:

Romans 8:24 ... "We are saved by hope. And hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?"

I want the better plan. I want the better plan. I want the better plan...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are finding some comfort. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sister's message was very touching...beautiful. I want the better plan for you too. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete