Friday, January 3, 2014

Post-Infertility Survivor's Guilt

This article really touched me. It's why I hesitated to continue this blog. It's why I waited until Kaiden was three months old before I thanked my RE for not giving up on me. It's why my RE will never, in person, see this baby he helped me grow.

This is a real thing. It's a difficult thing. Infertility doesn't go away after you have a baby. It lingers emotionally and physically. I still deal with annoying PCOS things, and I know in my future, I'll still deal with it too. When I am ready to be pregnant again, I know I will be subjecting myself to all the same things that I have these past three years.

Infertility hurts. It always will.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathryn-kefauver-goldberg/a-twin-moms-post-infertility-survivor-guilt_b_4466210.html

No comments:

Post a Comment