Tuesday, December 31, 2013

13 Weeks: The growth spurt is over! Happy New Year!

Since Christmas, Kaiden has been going through a growth spurt. It finally came to an end today, thank God. It was horrible and one of the most challenging ones we've had.

No one ever told me about growth spurts going into motherhood. I mean, I know what they are, but I didn't know babies went through them at certain times, and that they would be freaking miserable during that time. Oh, and kiss whatever plans you had goodbye as well.

This growth spurt, Kaiden was needy as heck. He wanted to nurse every hour or less, and if he wasn't nursing, then he was crying and restless because he refused to sleep as well. Our bedtime went out the window. Kaiden wanted to stay up until midnight, and stay up he did.

The nursing took a toll on my poor boobies and my sanity. I don't like feeling like I have done absolutely nothing with my day, and when I am actually doing absolutely nothing with my day, it makes me depressed. So, by last night, my nerves were frazzled, my anxiety was up, and I was feeling very, very down. On top of this, Kaiden wouldn't go to bed, so I eventually just gave in and realized I wasn't going to get any time to myself, and I nursed him to sleep, then fell asleep with him.

When I woke up this morning, I said to my husband, "At work, we always tell the students 'Today is a new day.' So, today is a new day." And that's the attitude I went with. Thankfully, it seems the growth spurt has passed. My happy, busy baby is back, he's not nursing every hour, and I got him down to bed before 9pm (for now).

So, tomorrow is a new year. A week ago, I was looking back through this blog at these weeks just to see where I was, so to speak. I can't believe how much change a year can bring. This past year has been very hard on my career, it's been a challenge through my pregnancy, but it has been wonderful. My family has grown this year, and I look forward to seeing my son grow through the next year.

I hope you all have a happy new year as well. If you didn't get your baby yet, just know that he or she is coming. Remember, as hard as it is, that every failed cycle is bringing you closer to the baby that was meant to be yours. I couldn't imagine having any other baby but my Kaiden. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment