Thursday, October 18, 2012

Medicine Pick Up

So, for IVF, you literally are given a paper shopping bag filled with medications and unused syringes to use over the course of the cycle. I have to pick these up from a special pharmacy. When I got to the pharmacy today, another woman was picking up her giant bag of medicines too. The pharmacist asked me what I was there for, and I pointed to the other woman's bag and said, "I'm here to pick up my big bag o' medicine too." We all laughed about it and joked that it must be IVF season. It made me feel not so alone.

I also had to awkwardly ask the school nurse if I could keep one of my pre-filled syringes in the locked refrigerator in her office because it had to stay cool. She knows what I am going through and happily agreed, but it still felt strange. Ha.

13 more days of birth control and then it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment