Sunday, October 21, 2012

Return of the Strange Dreams



I’ve been having very strange, vivid dreams lately that are disturbing and usually wake me up from my sleep.

The other day, I had a dream that my tongue ring fell out in my mouth, and when I reached in to get it, a big chunk of tongue was wrapped around the ring. Then, when I tried to call the doctor to tell him about it, my tongue swelled up so badly that I couldn’t talk. There was also a moment where one of my veneers fell out of my mouth, and my dentist didn’t have time for me to come in to get it fixed.

I believe in dream interpretations, so I looked up what dreaming of one’s tongue meant (apparently, in most cultures, it is something sexual), and I already knew that dreaming of teeth falling out or shattering means that you are insecure about your appearance or something in your life.

Last night’s dream was especially strange, and I woke up being on-edge and anxious because of it. For most of it, I was in a hospital. Something was wrong, but at first, I didn’t know what. I quickly found out that I was in there due to pregnancy stuff. At one point, the nurse came over to me and handed me two ultrasound pictures. In one of the pictures, there was a girl baby, and I was confused because I knew I wasn’t pregnant. The nurse told me it must have been a mistake, since that was my picture.

Just as soon as I accepted that the ultrasound was mine and there must have been some mistake, the doctor came in and pointed out to me that the ultrasound wasn’t mine, and that I wasn’t pregnant. Still, the doctor remained in cheery spirits, and I recognized her (after I woke up), as being my principal from work. She even had my principal’s name.

When the doctor was done checking up on me, the nurse came back and insisted that I rest, and that “between me and you” I was in critical condition. I didn’t know what she was talking about until they moved me to a bathtub and ordered me to stay in it for at least a minute.

It was then that I realized that my feet, in particular my heels, were badly wounded and bloodied, and large scabs were forming on them. From here, the dream gets a little strange, but consisted mostly of me having to stay off my damaged feet, and getting lost in the larger-than-life hospital with my mom, sisters and brother.

When I looked up the images that stuck in my mind the most, this is what I’ve found. I thought it was interesting, if not a little distressing. Just goes to show you what sort of place I’m in, even if it doesn’t surface on the outside.

Hospital
To see or dream that you are in a hospital symbolizes your need to heal or improve your physical or mental health. You need to get back to the flow of everyday life. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are giving up control of your own body. Perhaps you are afraid of losing control of your body.
Heel
To see your heel in your dream signifies oppression, lowliness, and  vulnerability. The dream may also be a pun on "heal". Perhaps the dream is telling you that you need time to heal and recovery, either emotionally or physically.
To dream of feet bleeding represents some issue in your life that is affecting your moral foundation, or principles.

No comments:

Post a Comment