Thursday, April 25, 2013

16w3d: I Have a Son!

We had our elective gender scan yesterday, and without much further delay, IT'S A BOY! :)

And he is QUITE the boy:


Needless to say, my husband is very proud of himself. The tech let us see and listen to the heartbeat first, which was neat because now you can see all four chambers of the heart beating. It's just amazing how much babies grow in such a short period of time. The baby squirmed this way and that when she was trying to get to the heartbeat, which was funny.

Next, she said, "Let's go straight to the goods!" As soon as she dragged the doppler around, I could see we were clearly having a boy. I don't think my husband quite understood what he was looking at, at first, but I picked up on it right away. When she announced the gender and pointed to the penis, B lit up like a Christmas tree.

She showed us some 3D/4D photos of the baby boy with his hands over his ears, acting like we were disturbing him (which, I am sure we were). Such a petulant little thing so far. :)

While we were watching the baby, B reached over and grabbed my arm, and for my husband, who is pretty much as emotionless as a man can be, I could tell he was over the moon. As much as I wanted a girl, I am really glad we are having a boy. It means a lot to my husband in ways I probably won't ever understand, due to the fact he didn't really have a good father figure growing up.

I called my dad afterwards and told him he was having a grandson. His reaction was priceless as well. He kept saying, "You are sure? There's no questioning it?" And I replied back, "Trust me, there's no questioning it." He was very happy too.

My mom was a little disappointed if only because she kept trying to tell me that it's not normal for people to find out the sex for their first baby. I'm 100% sure that she makes things up sometimes. She and my sister wanted it to be a surprise, but I don't think they realized there is no way that it'd ever be a surprise unless they never spoke to me again until October and chose to opt out on the baby shower and the like.

Anyway, here are some more pictures of our son. The one on top is of him smiling and covering his ears, and the one on the bottom is of him being clearly annoyed that we are bothering him.




7 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! How exciting.

    xoxoox,
    FF - DogRescueMom

    ReplyDelete
  2. (KIM) So happy for you! Just remember when he's a little older and he's giving you fits you can tell him he has been a pain in the ass from day one and you have the bloody pictures to prove it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Did you see my post? http://bitsinpeaces.blogspot.com/2013/04/flying-colors-our-nt-scan.html

    We're having a girl! It was really similar feeling, when my husband reached out and grabbed my arm. So intense. I was really excited I'm having a girl (for my sake) and a bit disappointed (for my husband's sake). So either way, it's great news!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing how excited B is! Also, I need it clarified that I am not the sister who wanted it a surprise... I fully encourage gender-knowing! And I'm so excited to have a nephew!
    Also, that's totally made up about people not knowing the first baby. Where did that even come from??
    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you. A mamma boy just for you. Trust me you are going to love a little boy. I have 2 boys and 2 girls and my boys are much more affectionate towards me and the girls are more for their daddy. Congrats on your little man.

    ReplyDelete