Thursday, February 13, 2014

20 Weeks: Holy Attachment, Batman!

Kaiden has officially entered the "I WANT MY MOMMY" phase. It's both very heartwarming and very annoying. I especially hate when he does this with my husband. I tell DH not to take it personally, but how can you not? I can see the despair in his eyes when the baby is flipping out, tearing up and screaming for me, and there's nothing DH can do but hand him over.

Sleeping has been on and off. Some nights, all Kaiden wants to do is make sure I'm next to him.  He sometimes holds a hand up in the air and waits for me to take it, or he wants to nurse every hour or two. Other nights, he only wakes up once to be fed and is good until the morning. It's left me very tired, either way.

This past weekend was my first time traveling back home (2+ hours) with Kaiden, alone. It was very, very stressful, especially because Kaiden was tired of being in his car seat. One night, while we were at the Cheesecake Factory, waiting for a table, Kaiden had an honest-to-God meltdown. He was tired, overstimulated and sick of being in his car seat. Nothing I did calmed him except for when I took him out of the restaurant all together. He was so frazzled when we got back to my mom's that I just put him into bed with me, cuddled him and fell asleep. I felt guilty and horrible all weekend, and I'm not sure when I'll do something like that again.

Otherwise, all is going well. My baby is growing every day. He started at a new day care this week, and when I picked him up on Monday, he REACHED OUT for me. I didn't realize it at first until Miss Rhonda pointed it out to me and I nearly cried. It was a sweet moment that I'd never trade. :)

Kaiden has been trying to sit up more, as well as roll over onto his tummy, which he can do, but pretty much only when he's sleeping and doesn't notice he is doing it. He scoots for his toys, screams and sings, and gives lovely belly laughs when he thinks something is funny. He also has a fondness for animals, just like mommy. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment