Sunday, March 2, 2014

5 Months!

A lot has happened since I last posted! I know I talked about how Kaiden was getting better at sitting for like ten seconds at a time, but I swear to you, the very next day, he went from sitting for ten seconds at a time to sitting for five minutes at a time without any help at all. I was so amazed at how quickly he learned!

In fact, the next day, he went from sitting on his own, to moving forward onto his hands and knees, then laying on his tummy and squirming to try and reach a toy, almost like an army crawl, but more like a drunk snake. He is still lazy when it comes to rolling around, which he avoids doing, even if he knows how to do it, but he will sit for as long as we will let him. Usually, he gets tired and lets himself slump over onto one of our legs, or rests his back against our tummies so he can catch a break.

He will be mobile in no time, I just know it. I also know that it'll be a huge change that I'm nervous about, especially in this shitty house of ours.

For most of the past week, Kaiden has also slept through the night, averaging about nine hours. He had one night he decided to go back to waking up every three hours, but I think that might be because he's teething. Tonight, for example, he keeps waking up and crying out of a deep sleep. So, it's either his tummy issues or his teethies, and I'm leaning toward the teethies.

We have been giving him some rice cereal with a spoon as well. I forget if I mentioned that, but because he's been so interested in our food, we tried with the rice cereal again to see if he'd take it, and he did! He eats a tablespoon when he seems to want our food, so I go and make him his own.

I think his reflux is getting better as well. The rice cereal definitely helps, that's for sure. He hasn't been spitting up nearly as much as he used to, and he doesn't seem like he's in pain from the acid reflux anymore either. I am glad that it is getting better, because nothing makes you feel more helpless than watching your baby suffer and there's nothing you can do to fix it.

Kaiden has also started to experiment with different consonant sounds, so we've been trying to get him to say "da-da" and "ma-ma" when he's stuck on those sounds. When he finds out that he can make a new sound, he'll do it at nauseum until he moves on to something new.

Oh, and he has officially become a thumb sucker, which is cute and a little annoying at the same time. :)

I can't believe how fast he's grown. I'm going to say that every month, I know.

Here he is, sucking his thumb!




No comments:

Post a Comment