Monday, June 3, 2013

22 Week Update

It's been a little while since I've updated, I know. I try to update at milestones or when something interesting happens, and turns out, I am having a rather easy-going pregnancy so far (knock on wood), so most things are boring.

Today, I had both an OB appointment and another ultrasound at the hospital to check on baby's heart since he was too wiggly last time.

I went to the appointment early hoping that they'd get me in earlier, since one appointment was at 9:30, and then I had to drive to the hospital to go to the 10:00 appointment. When I made the ultrasound appointment, the receptionist told me that if I was running late from my OB, it wouldn't be a problem, just to have the OB office call before I leave.

So, I got to the OB at around 9:10. They didn't see me until 9:45. I had the nurse call ahead, and she was told by the fetal assessment center that I only had until 10:15 to get there, or they'd reschedule. Great. Not only is that a pain in the ass for me, but my mom and my sister came down from Philadelphia to go to the ultrasound appointment with me.

The OB told me that everything is looking great. My uterus is growing on track, which means that my baby is  growing on track too. I asked the midwife (who was much more amicable this time around) about my weight gain, or lack there of. I have not gained any weight yet in my pregnancy. In fact, I think I weighed less this time than I did my last appointment. The midwife said that she's not concerned just as long as I am eating healthy and getting all three meals in.

That's all I asked about, since I had to run out of there like a bat out of hell and get to the hospital by 10:15.

I got to the hospital at 10:15 exactly. Thank goodness that they didn't reschedule me. They wouldn't let my mom and my sister back with me, so my mom went back. We got to look at baby's heart for a long, long time, since they didn't get any measurements the last time. I told the tech that the baby was very active this morning, but she had no idea just how active. Everytime she'd move the doppler around, the baby would kick her. At one point, she stopped, laughed and said, "You weren't joking when you said he was moving. I can feel him!"

At the end, she let us watch him squirm around on the ultrasound for a little bit. He was touching his face, then he put his hand in his mouth. Then, he grabbed hold of his little, kicking feet. It was so cute, and so amazing to see that even at this point in his life, he's a little human being doing little baby things.

I spent the rest of the day with my mom and my sister. My mom brought me some maternity clothes from the thirft shop, and they are super cute. She also got me two shirts from Motherhood Maternity. Love my mommy. And my sister took me into Sephora for the first time, since I'm too intimidated by the store to ever go in by myself. That was fun too!

Overall, it was a great day. My boy is very healthy and very active. Some nights, he won't let me sleep on a certain side, and he kicks at me until I roll over and get my act together.

He's going to be a little brat, that's for sure. And I'll love him all the same. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment