Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Today is my husband's first father's day. I am taking him to his all-time, favorite restaurant, Fogo de Chao, since we've not been there in a few years.

Last night, he came home late from hanging out with his work friends. I tried to be patient knowing that he only has a few more months to spend his nights out until ass-early in the morning before we have a baby keeping us up. We spent time time just laying in bed and watching TV. The baby was kicking all over the place, so I put his hand on my tummy and let him feel for a little while.

In that moment, I just knew that my husband is going to be the best father. As much as I wanted a girl first, I am glad that I am able to give my husband a son to bond with. B did not have his father growing up, because he passed away before he was born. I think this experience is going to be life-changing for him in many different ways. I can't wait to watch him grow in this way.

I love my husband for sticking by me through the hardest years of our lives. This July marks our 9th anniversary, and I pointed out to B that I've been in his life for almost 1/3 of the time he's been alive. That's amazing, and so is he. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you guys had an awesome Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete