Friday, December 13, 2013

10 Weeks: A little person!


We had a rough 9th week filled with lots of reflux and doctor's visits. It was really stressful, but thankfully, after adjusting Kaiden's medicine and feeding him more rice cereal bottles, he seems to be doing much better. I realized that I was putting my own, selfish desires in front of Kaiden's health. I wanted so badly to nurse him all the time and not give him formula...but what he really needed was more formula and rice cereal to help settle his tummy. I did that, and now he's back to being a happy dude and is, once again, nursing more than anything else.

I feel like Kaiden has turned into a little man this past week. He has been discovering things with his hands now, including smacking his toys, touching everything, playing with mommy's hands, touching his hair, grabbing his ears, grabbing his feet, stroking his tummy...I could go on and on. He is rolling from his tummy to his back more often and with purpose (he's been doing this since around 6 weeks old), and can even push his feet and scoot around when on his tummy. He loves to sit up (with assistance), and prefers this at all times of the day. He also complains and grumps at us if we do something he doesn't like, and this goes on for a good five minutes of him just going on and on and on. It's so funny.

The doctor said that Kaiden is very strong and ahead of the game, which is awesome. He's just so smart, and I love watching him grow and discover something new every day. We are waiting for him to laugh, since he tries so hard to laugh, and then some strange noise comes out instead. It's great.

Breastfeeding is going great. I still have some vasospasm issues and overactive let down, but Kaiden is handling it pretty well!

Here's a pic of him before I had to go back to work for the first time. He new he had to make my day first:


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you stuck to it and it's working out so well! He is quite the handsome little boy! Look at all that hair!!!

    ReplyDelete