Friday, December 6, 2013

9 Weeks: Two month check up

Kaiden went to his two month appointment today. I have been sort of stressing about it all week, but it went really well. He now weighs a whopping twelve pounds! I missed his other measurements, but whatever. He's pretty long, and his head is not gigantic...that's good, right? Right.

This week, Kaiden has been working on trying to figure out how to laugh and blow raspberries. He has learned how to squeal, which is stupid cute and makes me love him all the more. I can't wait until he learns to laugh, though. I'm waiting for that little giggle.

This week, he's been sleeping a *little* bit longer though the night. He went from every 2-3 hours to every 3-4. Problem is, he wakes up at around 6 or 7 am and then will eat, fall asleep for a half hour, wake up and eat, fall asleep for a half hour, wake up and eat...and this goes on until around 10 am. It is not exhausting for him, but it's very exhausting for me, especially when he goes on refusing to take naps for more than thirty minutes after that. Tired mommy. Very tired mommy.

Breastfeeding has been going swimmingly. We haven't had any issues, and that feels so great to say. I no longer take bottles out with me when we go places, and sometimes, he even refuses to take his bottle at home and wants a boobie instead.

The reflux and gas is still an issue. The gas seems to be getting better, but the reflux is still there. The doctor really seems to want me to thicken ALL of his meals with rice cereal, but I am not ready to give up breastfeeding and go back to pumping. That, and rice cereal doesn't even thicken breastmilk. He isn't pushing the issue, though, since he knows how much I want to breastfeed. We are going to up the dose of Zantac to see if that helps more than it is now. I asked about something stronger he can take, but the doctor said that the next thing is Prilosec, and it's hard to find a pharmacy that will mix it or whatever for a baby. News to me!

Here's your picture for the week! I tried to catch him giving "the lip."


No comments:

Post a Comment