Monday, February 27, 2012

5 DPO


Last night I couldn't get any sleep. I am still wide awake, and have been since 4:30. I think it was a combination of my cover coming out today, and the fact that I had really, really uncomfortable cramps last night.

It started out as a pulling, like something was tugging my uterus downward, and then all of the sudden, it got really painful to sit comfortably. I had to stand up and stretch, then get my heating pad so I could go back to sitting. I don't know what was going on, but it was painful, and part of me hopes that maybe it was an over-exaggerated implantation, though it's still early for that.

I took two tests yesterday, the first one was to test out my trigger (which was tested out, I thought -- but now that I keep staring at the test, I don't know), and the second was after all the cramping. Funny enough, the line came back...and I don't know why. I tested this morning and there's a faint line. I've included pictures for you to ponder about below. The top one is from yesterday morning, the bottom is from this morning.

I know I'm only 5 DPO and that's ridiculously early for a positive HPT. It's not impossible, but it's very unlikely. It takes an egg about 4-5 days to travel through the fallopian tube into the uterus, and then another day or so after that for the HCG to get into your system after implantation. But! Anything goes in this process sometimes, and women have had positive HPTs at 5 DPO.

Not that I am one of those women...but it's fun to pretend. I'm still cramping this morning, so maybe that's a good sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment