Sunday, February 5, 2012

Moving On




I called the nurses today to ask them what the next step is in this process. She asked me if I wanted to come in for a blood or urine test, and when I told her that my urine tests were coming back negative, she said that means I am most likely not pregnant at this point. I'm going to stop the progesterone supplements and should get my period in a few days.

To throw a wrench in all this, though, I tested with an OPK today (ovulation prediction kit/test), and it came back positive...which, in a normal world, would be an indication of pregnancy since I already ovulated two weeks ago. I took a clearblue easy pregnancy test, and to the naked eye, it seemed negative, but when I tweaked it on my computer, there's a faint line. I took the strip out of the test to get a better look, and there's a faint line on it too, if you really stare at it. Now, blue dye tests are known for giving false results, so I'm not getting my hopes up...but the positive OPK? That's a good sign. I don't know why else it would be positive...my LH levels shouldn't be up /that/ high this late in the game.

Here are the pictures:

OPK (The left line has to be as dark as or darker than the right line for a positive)


Photobucket

ClearBlue Easy Pregnancy Test

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. why not get a bpg just to make sure? It should be pretty definitive at this point. (hug) It seems too early to give up the cycle (to me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd keep taking the progesterone for a couple more days at least just in case and see if you can get a pink dye test. Honestly, on your FF page, I saw the line on the regular pic before I even looked at the inverted one. It's faint, but it's there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a pink dye test today and it's stark white. I think this CBE is just a fluke. :(

      Delete