Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Cycle

Well, it's official...the third IUI did not work. I am thankful for all of your prayers and your positive thoughts, though, and I'm hoping I can ask you to roll them over into the next cycle.

I've made the decision not to go to to IVF yet. I'm not emotionally or physically ready to put myself through the process, and I rather be in the right place and have my body be at it's best before I commit myself to something so involved. IVF is a very stressful process, with frequent (every-other-day) doctor's visits, daily hormone shots, surgery and more. The very thought of it makes me upset, even as I sit here and type this.

Instead, I'm going to be asking if I can do two more clomid cycles all on its own. No IUIs. I'm going to use my fertility monitor that I paid for and haven't been using (since I've been monitored by ultrasounds), and I'm going to do things as naturally and stress-free as possible.

I don't know if I'm being stupid putting off the IVF. I could get my take home baby faster if I just jumped into it...but I figure that if I can't even talk about it without tearing up, that I'm just not ready to believe I need or to undergo IVF.

I never thought this process would be so hard. I always knew I'd have difficulty because of the PCOS, but I never thought I'd be in this place right now. Ugh. Never take anything for granted, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment