Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Confusing - TMI Post

This post is going to be a little TMI, so sorry if you are my family or someone who just doesn't want to know about TMI stuff...just close this window out now and don't read any further. Ahaha.

Now that you've been warned...


Things are a bit off. I googled like a man woman for stories that resembled mine, but was driving myself crazy doing it. I really don't like calling up the nurses and asking them questions, because I feel really stupid when I do. But, I sucked it up and called the nurse, and now I am glad that I did.

The convo went something like this:

Me: Hello. I am calling with a question and to make sure everything is okay with me.
Nurse: Sure, go ahead!
Me: After my last IVF cycle, I had a really heavy period and passed very large clots, but this cycle, it was a very, very light flow, and I spotted before and after the period. Then, I took my temperature this morning and realized that my temperature has never dropped from last cycle.
Nurse: *concerned* Oooh. Um, let me go get your chart.

(Before I continue, just to explain, after you take progesterone, your lining in your uterus is VERY thick. Therefore, it is normal for a woman to pass very large clots after a failed IVF cycle because you are taking very large doses of progesterone. As far as the temperatures go, your BBT temperatures go up after ovulation and drops the day or so before, or the day of your period. This is because your progesterone drops which causes a woman's uterus to shed the lining. If your temperature doesn't drop past when your period is due, though, it's a sign of a possible pregnancy.)

Nurse: Okay. So it's been two weeks since your pregnancy test. And your period wasn't normal?
Me: No.
Nurse: And your progesterone at the time of the test was 18, which means it should have dropped by now. No, this is not normal at all.
Me: Do you think it's possible that I ovulated really early?
Nurse: Ehhhh. In my experience, women tend to ovulate later after a failed IVF cycle, not earlier. I want you to come in for another pregnancy test tomorrow. It is a machine, after all, so anything can happen. I am glad you called, though, because this is definitely not normal.
Me: I was driving myself insane with Google, so I finally decided to call in instead. Well, I will see you tomorrow!
Nurse: See you tomorrow morning!

...what?

So...all of this, after I have mourned and gotten over the failure of the last IVF, just to have to go back to the doctor and experience it all over again? UGH.

On the same hand...I want to know what is going on with my body. And my feet have started swelling again, but I think that might be from all the sitting I've been doing with going to meetings for most of my day. That, and I've not been interesting in eating lately, even when I'm hungry.

I'm not optimistic at all. My luck, I'm just a freak of nature and this is all some cruel joke.

Also? Sorry for the TMI. But, I believe I warned you all before you started reading this blog, so DEAL WITH IT. ;)

1 comment: