Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pharmacy DRAMA

Today, after realizing I had to start my clomid and didn't have any, I called up the RE office and asked the nurses if they were going to call it in. Their response? "What, you weren't given it before you left?" No. No, I wasn't. That is why I am calling you. THANKS.

They called my prescription in, and I drove to Walgreens after school so I could go get it. Turns out, though, that Walgreens can no longer fill my prescriptions due to a policy change with my RX coverage. So, I have to get my scripts transferred to another pharmacy.

Back in my car I go.

I drive over to Rite Aid and explain the whole situation to them. They say they will take care of it. 20 minutes later, it is still not taken care of. Just when it is, the pharmacist tells me that the Clomid is not covered by insurance. I say that's not true because I've been through four, insured rounds of it. So, she calls up, and lo-and-behold...it's not covered. Good thing is? Clomid is only like $20. So, I pay for it and get out of there and head back home.

I picked up a pregnancy test on the way home too because my temperatures still haven't dropped, even though my period ended. Your temp usually drops the day before or the day of your period starting. Mine has stayed way up. I think it's the progesterone that I had to take (since that is the hormone that raises your basal body temperature to support a baby). Anyway. I wanted to make sure, since it might have been some miracle...but I'm not lucky enough for that. The test was negative.

It's okay, though. I'm on a new journey now.

On Friday morning, I have to go get blood work done. A glucose tolerance test to be exact. I have to fast through the night and morning and then go in and drink some crap and get blood drawn. Depending on the results, I may have to take other medicine during this process. I have to research that more, and then I can get back to everyone on what that's about. I know it has to do with my PCOS (some people with PCOS are glucose resistant or something), and I'm wondering if maybe if has to do with my weight gain as well.

I'll keep everyone updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment