Monday, June 4, 2012

12dp2dt or 14 DPO

Today has been a day of ups and downs. The whole first half of my day went well...but then the afternoon came and I sank into a depression. I don't know if I'm just overly-emotional or not, but ugh. I'm feeling a little better now, if not exhausted from being so down.

I bought a bunch of pregnancy tests today because I'm a sadist. I came home from running to the fertility pharmacy (yes, there is a such thing), and I took two tests, one wondfo (the cheap internet tests) and a FRER (first response early results). Both came out really faint, which made me feel like crap. I had to remind myself that I peed three times in an hour before I took those tests and that the hcg wouldn't be as concentrated. It's hard not to beat up on yourself, though.

When I got home from therapy, I tried to take a digital test, which aren't as sensitive as a wonfo or FRER. The wondfo's measure from 25 units and up. FRERs are a little more than that, and digitals are around 50 units and up. Sometimes, wondfos pick up less hcg than that, so they can be really sensitive. Anyway, I wanted to take the digi to see if my hcg is below 50 or not, since I know it is at least 25 from getting positive wondfo tests. So, I pee on this digital test, and the hour glass comes up and blinks...blinks...blinks...blinks...then...nothing. It goes blank. The damned test is broken!

So, I wait about a half hour and take another digital test (they were buy one box and get another box for free, so I have six of them!). An hour and a half isn't a long time to wait, but whatever. I took the test and it came up "not pregnant." So, using the same urine, I dipped a wondfo, which came up positive. This means my hcg is more than 25, but less than 50. So, if I take a digital test tomorrow and it comes up positive, or my wondfo is darker, then I can probably call it a true positive. We will see.

I'm so reluctant to believe these tests. I hate that stupid booster shot. :<

No comments:

Post a Comment