Friday, June 8, 2012

From the Nurse

The nurse asked me if I took a hpt before I came, and I told her I did and it was negative. I asked her when I could start a new cycle and she said we can start again as soon as I get my period.

I jokingly said, "Maybe this time I won't ovulate before the retrieval." She was surprised to hear this and asked why they didn't do an insemination if I had ovulated. I didn't have an answer. She said that when this has happened before, they did an insemination and the woman got pregnant. I told her that was really disappointing to hear.

So, she looked at my chart and blood work levels and explained them to me. My numbers were pretty much perfect, and then after the ET, they dropped off suddenly, which is why I needed the hcg booster. She looked again and again at the numbers and shook her head and said, "Something went wrong. This protocol was working perfectly for you."

So, the doctor is going to look at it all and talk to me on Monday about what we are going to change. She mentioned upping my lupron doses to suppress ovulation better, but it is up to the doctor in the end.

Benefits is going to process a new ivf cycle for me, and I will be right back on the horse again. It is easier for me to move on this way. I rather just get back to business.

It is also nice to have some answers (or not quite answers) to what happened. They didn't know I was going to ovulate ahead of time like I was told, and they are going to work to fix it this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment