Sunday, February 17, 2013

7 Weeks!

Today, I am seven weeks along. My baby is the size of a blueberry. That's pretty big in such a short time! At the end of the week, I have my viability ultrasound. I hate that word -- viability. Ugh. Basically, it is to check if there's a heartbeat. There will be a heartbeat. I just know this little squiggle is growing because I progressively feel like more poop as the days go on.

I mentioned on my facebook page that my version of "morning sickness" actually sets in about 3pm and lasts until the evening. I don't feel too sick most of the time. Instead, it's a general feeling of malaise. I just don't feel well. It sucks because it sets in during the middle of my school day, and I feel bad for my last class, because I'm absolutely miserable by the time they come around. Ah well. They'll deal with it.

I am still very tired. I sleep every moment that I feasibly can. Sometimes, I wake up before work, then go back to bed until the very last second that I can manage without being late for school. I come home and immediately get into bed, and that's at around 5pm. I wake up and make a late dinner just before my husband gets home. And, I'm learning quickly that when I go food shopping tomorrow, I'm picking up a lot of frozen meals, because I'm just too tired to make dinner by the time I get home.

How else do I feel? Okay, I think! I'm still very nervous, but I'm remaining as positive as I possibly can. I try to avoid all negative pregnancy topics, and negativity in general. I won't let other people make me feel bad because I finally achieved pregnancy. That's just silly, especially after all I've been through.

I am taking it easy and reminding myself that I am especially delicate right now. I am not functioning like a "normal" pregnant woman is yet. I am still dependent on my progesterone and estrogen shots, and my body isn't yet as "strong" as it should be. It's still doing its job, though, and I'm putting all my trust that it will continue to do so.

Here's my first belly shot. It's not flattering at all. I dislike belly shots this early in the game, because it's just a reminder about how fat I am. But, at the same time, today I woke up and my uterus felt very heavy. It's been feeling that way all day long. At first, I was concerned and I stayed in bed. But then I read that this is normal at around seven weeks. My uterus is the size of a large grapefruit now, and my muscles are starting to shift. So, this dull, crampy feeling is normal, and I'm not going to get wrapped up in it. :)

So, here you go. Sorry for the ugly:


4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to watch the belly grow and grow!! **squee** For nausea I did a lot of ginger candies. Also, peppermint, just the smell of it was helpful. Kim used to make me peppermint baths. Which really consisted of bathwater full of peppermint oils. I don't know if it will help, but it sure helped me! Soak in the tub, girl, get those feet up and relax! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pinch anyone who makes you feel bad! Love the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad we will get to go through this together! When is your due date? And don't say you look "fat" because you definitely don't! But yeah, I get it. I was thinking, "this little pooch I have is all pasta and rice....no baby excuse."

    ReplyDelete