Thursday, February 28, 2013

Morning Sickness, You Have Found Me

I really haven't had morning sickness yet. Not in earnest. But today? Today it's hit me.

I woke up with a budding migraine and nausea. I was afraid to get out of bed, so I fell back to sleep for an hour. The second time I woke up, I forced myself to go downstairs and drink a protein shake and eat some toast. Eating/drinking protein first thing in the morning helps to ward off migraines. I still didn't feel well afterward, and I debated if I should go into work or not. I decided to go in, since I was out a day last week to attend a career fair thingy in Philly.

So, I go into work, and I come to realize real quick that it wasn't a great idea. Somehow, I made it through the day, but the students really stressed me out, so when I got home, I not only had a headache again, but I was trembling from the stress. I got in bed and slept for two hours only to wake up feeling horrible again.

The only thing I wanted to eat was mashed potatoes, but we don't have any in the house. I looked up a KFC and LO! There should have been one around the corner. Except, when I get there, I find it's been shut down. Forever. I settled with some waffle fries from Chik-fil-a instead. So, that meant that today, I ate toast, an apple and waffle fries. I forced another apple and some peanut butter down my throat so that my nutrition for the day didn't seem so pathetic.

I really wish I had mashed potatoes, though.

Ah, morning sickness. How I've waited for you. <3

2 comments:

  1. Is the migraine a symptom? I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible headache and begged my husband to get me medicine. I still had it this morning and felt a bit nauseous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Migraines could be a symptom! My migraines are apparently hormone based, so when I got pregnant (especially in the first trimester) I often got major migraines! Thankfully they wore out for most of the rest of the pregnancy!
    -C

    ReplyDelete