Sunday, February 10, 2013

Six Weeks!

I am now six weeks pregnant. I have my ultrasound on Tuesday, and if all goes well, then I'll publish all these unpublished posts and announce on facebook. I know that's still early, but when you've been through what I've been through, I feel like I owe letting people know since they've been standing by my side for two years now.

So what has been going on?

I tried to start looking for daycares. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. They fill up very quickly in my area, and the average price is around $200/wk per infant. I'm still very tired, so the thought of scheduling day care tours after work is just not appealing to me. Also, it seems more than ridiculous to look for daycare when my baby is the size of a pea.

Everyone at work found out. Turns out, no one can keep anything on the down-low. I don't really mind this too much because I work at an alternative school with children who can be very violent, and I rather be safe than sorry and err on the side of caution when it comes to who knows and who doesn't. If more people know, the more protected I'll be.

I made it through my third and final beta. The number was 1931, and my doubling time was 40hrs. I am happy with this, even if the women on FF seem to be freaks with numbers of around 10k at this point...but my numbers are good too, darnit!

I was feeling okay for the most part, except for being dead tired. In the last couple of days, though, food aversion has been high. On Friday, I was nauseous all evening long. I only ate toast and goldfish crackers in the whole of the day. Yesterday, everything I started to eat, I stopped halfway through because it made my stomach upset, or I was just tired of eating that food. My husband's response was, "What is wrong with you? You aren't eating anything?" To which I replied, "Uh, I am pregnant."

Kind of like when he asked why I kept going to bed earlier and earlier each night. My response: "I am growing another human in me, and it's tiring work."

Men don't get it at all.

So, two more days, and you will all get your satisfaction. :)

2 comments:

  1. I remember being tired my entire pregnancy. It was especially bad around 2-3 pm. Naps were a must. Enjoy these next 9 months; despite all the crap you'll go through, you're going to miss being pregnant when your LO arrives. (But you'll be immeasurably happy in other ways!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AghhhhhhH!!!!!! HOORAY!!! I was SO Confused when I saw these posts, as in "what did I miss?" Sneaky you...hiding it from us! CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete