Sunday, March 17, 2013

11 Weeks!

Man, I have never wanted to wish these weeks away faster. I am so close to the second trimester, and yet, it seems so far away.

So, what has happened this past week? Lots! As you have read, I ended up in the hospital because of a migraine, but at least it was just a migraine. Yesterday, I had severe back pain that almost had me in tears at one point. I felt so miserable, but I wanted to be with my friends, so I pushed through it.

When I got home, I went straight to the heating pad and went to bed with a heated...thing that I called my "snuggie." It's one of those things you put in the microwave and heat up, or you can put it in the freezer. I used that so I could sleep with it and not have to worry about leaving the heating pad on all night long.

Thankfully, it let up today. I was preemptive with it by propping something between my back and the couch, and by resting a lot. I suppose this is just the beginning of it all. :)

We also bought a new warm humidifier that you can pour the menthol vapor stuff in. I've been having a hard time sleeping at night because I am congested from the pregnancy as well. That, and my husband's sinuses are always awful, so I made the executive decision for both of our noses to get a new humidifier. I'm excited to use it, and I hope it makes sleeping more comfortable.

I am also going to order my pregnancy pillow, since I really need to stop sleeping on my back, which is probably why it hurts.

Oh, and I am officially off ALL MY HORMONES! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS! I AM SO HAPPY!

Otherwise, I am feeling GREAT. I don't feel sick anymore, and my energy is up more than it was before. I feel like I'm in the "glowing" part of my trimester. Glow, mama, glow!

I will post a new belly picture soon!

2 comments:

  1. I want a heat-up Snuggie!! Where did you get it? Can I order one online??

    Sorry about your migraine/trip to the ER earlier this week :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! It's not an actual Snuggie. It's just an hot/cold pack that I call a snuggie. Haha. :P

    ReplyDelete