Tuesday, March 12, 2013

First Midwife Appointment

I had my first midwife appointment today, and it went well. I am really impressed with the office so far! I told the midwife about the SCH/empty sac issue and how the RE didn't write it down. She flipped on the sonogram machine and took a look to see what was going on since it would make me (and her) feel better. It was my very first adominal scan too!

We saw my Squiggle flapping around and shimmying back and forth. The midwife said his heartbeat looks good and he's doing lots of moving, which is also good. She couldn't find any evidence of a SCH or another sac, though, so she told me not to worry about it. Maybe it just doesn't show on an adominal scan, I don't know, but if it wasn't there, than I'm happy with that and can stop worrying.

I am going to schedule my NT scan in a few weeks, and around the same time, I'll have my next midwife appointment.

Yay!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Can't wait to see mine move :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just so excited that you have a midwife appointment! It is awesome that you have moved into this phase of your baby making journey! I am so freaking excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when I had an empty sac, at about 11 weeks, it did show on the abdominal u/s. I'd guess that since your midwife didn't see anything, there's nothing to see! yay!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete