Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cysts?

That bloated, stretching feeling from the other day has turned into a cramp on my left side. I've had the cramp since yesterday, and it continued into today. It's by my left ovary and feels much like what a cyst does when I get them.

So, I emailed my nurse and told her about it and mentioned that it felt like a cyst near/on my left ovary, and asked if I should be worried. She emailed back and told me that I DO have a cyst on my left ovary, but it's nothing to worry about. So, they knew this from my previous ultrasounds but didn't bother to tell me. Grr. But, in a silly way, I felt awesome because I guessed what I was feeling! The cyst is a typical corpus luteum cyst, which is what is normally left behind after a follicle bursts. I am not sure if I had ovulated somehow, or where this CL cyst came from, but it's there, and it's helping to make progesterone, so that's good!

Sadly, though, it is discomforting and annoys me when I am sitting down and its squished into my pelvis. I hope it shrinks sometime soon, but if not, I go to the RE on Thursday, and I'm sure he'll let me know what's going on if I complain about it enough.

I listened to Squiggle's heartbeat again today, but this time it was harder to find. He wasn't in his usual place, but was up higher now, which is great, because it means my uterus and my baby are growing. Yay! Here's a little diagram, because I am a visual person!


No comments:

Post a Comment