Thursday, March 21, 2013

11w4d: Kicking on the Doppler

So, it is the neatest thing to listen to your baby's heartbeat on the doppler. Once I week, I spend time listening to the baby, connecting with him or her, and just loving the state I am in.

Today, I set up my doppler, laid down in the bed and listened. It's easier now to find the baby, but my baby likes to move around a lot, so once I find him or her, the baby swims away and I have to go searching again. While I was listening today, I kept the doppler in one spot and just listened to how the baby moved around. Sometimes there was a "swoosh" noise when he moved, and sometimes the heartbeat just faded away and them came back louder than ever.

But, something new that happens is the little "pops" that break the rhythm of the heartbeat. That's the baby kicking. Or punching. Whatever he's doing. I caught it twice in ten minutes, and it made me laugh. I have a little super hero in there, I think. :)

I will try and record it sometime to post on the blog, it's just hard to hold the doppler and the phone at the same time. But, it's really cool, so I want to share. Maybe after work today! :D

1 comment: