Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The End Of An Era (Thankfully)


Tonight, my husband administered my last hormone shot!

 For those of you playing at home, I have been taking hormone shots of progesterone and estrogen since around the 15th of January (I forget the exact date). That means that for around 58 non-stop days I have been administered shots of hormones.

Tonight, I got to close my sharps container for good, and put my bag of syringes and needle tops and vials of progesterone and estrogen away. I get to erase the alarm on my phone that is set for 7pm every night to remind me to take the shots.

For some reason, this is a very emotional moment for me. I shouldn't say "for some reason." There's a good reason. I've been putting myself through all these shots and hormones to get to this point. All those times I posted in this blog, in tears, because I was so weary of them, so tired of them getting in the way of my life...it is over. It is over, and my body is doing what it is supposed to be doing all on its own.

I am so blessed.

And I am so happy to kick these needles. ;)


This is my trusty sharps container. It lived on top of my refrigerator next to the alcohol swabs. Tonight, I got to seal the container shut and prepare it to be discarded.  


This is the view from the top of the container. Look at all those needles! There is literally no more room for any needles. I have been through two of these this cycle alone.


Goodbye, needles!

2 comments: