Monday, January 21, 2013

And then I remember...

Today went over really well. After staying up all night and watching the Ravens game, my husband and I were not happy to have to wake up early in the morning to drive to the hospital. But, we did it, because...well...why wouldn't we? :P

My transfer was at 9:30, but we had to be there at 8:30. When I got there, I was surprised to see other people in the surgery center, since the other two times I came here was on a weekend and a holiday, so it was completely empty aside from the IVF patients, and really, there were only about three or four of us there at a time.

The nurse took me back to a small holding room, where I undressed and got into my hospital gown. I got to curl up under a warmed blanket for about 45 minutes while my husband played on his ipad. My doctor came around right on time and made sure we were who we said we were by checking our photo IDs, birth dates, names, social security number...the whole gambit. After signing our paperwork, he confirmed that my two embryos thawed okay and were both expanded blastocysts. Then, he took me into the transfer room.

It's funny to me that at this point of my journey, I just don't care who sees my business anymore. I climbed up onto the table and everyone was all up between my legs, poking, prodding, pushing on my stomach with the ultrasound machine...and I didn't care. The embryologists came in and checked out my ID and all of that, and then we were on a roll.

The doctor and nurse had a hard time getting a good picture of my uterus on the sonogram machine, probably because I didn't drink enough water beforehand. Last time, I had to pee every five minutes, and this time, I just wasn't into that. I did drink water, and I could see my bladder on the sonogram, but I don't know why they were having such a hard time of things.

Finally, though, they got a good shot of it, and I watched the catheter go in, line up against the uterine lining, and that was that. The embryologist cleared the tube, and I was wheeled back to the holding room to rest for ten minutes. After the ten minutes, I was allowed to go home, where I've been on bed rest.

I've slept most of the day. I don't know if I'm exhausted from the hormones or getting sick, but all I want to do is sleep. From time to time, I remember that I am, technically, pregnant right now. And not only am I pregnant, but I have *two* embryos in there. And it's kind of scary. No. It is very scary.

I am hoping that at least one of them decides to snuggle in and stay a little while. I'm going to take it easy this week, the best I can given the fact that I'm on my feet most of the time as a teacher.

Again, I am going to ask that you please don't ask me if I tested yet, if I am going to test, when I am going to test, or if it worked. Please respect what I am going through and allow me and my husband this time. I will let everyone know when I can. :)

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment