Thursday, January 3, 2013

FET #1: Off We Go!

Today I had my first ultrasound and bloodwork appointment. The good thing about a frozen embryo transfer (FET) is that I will only go in THREE MORE TIMES between now and my transfer on the 21st. This is awesome, since I am so used to being in the doctor's office almost every day when I go through IVF.

I was nervous about the appointment, if only because of other issues going on that I was a bit embarrassed about. Then I realized, this is a RE, and he probably isn't phased by such things, so I made myself get over it. I was worried since as of last night, my new cycle hadn't started yet. I was debating getting another pregnancy test, but I am glad I didn't, since by the time I went to bed, the ugly witch showed and my next cycle finally started.

My ultrasound looked great. Dr. K. said that everything "looks the way it should before starting a frozen cycle." Next up, bloodwork. I got the email from my nurse in the afternoon telling me that the bloodwork looked good too, and I can start my shots tonight.

So, tonight, I will take my first shot of del-Estrogen. I take this every three days, so that's not so bad. It's a butt shot, and that sucks, but whatever. At least it's not every day, right? On the 14th, I'll go back in for another ultrasound to check my lining, and they will decide if I should start the progesterone then.

Here we go again. :) Thank you to all of those who continue to support me on my journey. <3

Oh, I also found out that I seem to be allergic to the tape they use to bandage after a blood draw. Here's what my arm looks like almost ten hours after they put the tape on, and about eight hours since I took it off:


Looks funny, doesn't it? It doesn't itch or anything. It's just bright red. Ha.

1 comment: