Friday, January 4, 2013

Biopsy #2 Complete

I had my second biopsy today around noon. I was super nervous and not looking forward to it at all, since the last one hurt so much. Before I went, I took 1000mg of tylenol, which I'm not sure is healthy or not, but I only had extra strength tablets, and I knew 500mg wasn't going to cut it.

When I got in there, the nurse called me shortly after and asked how I was doing, and I told her I wasn't quite excited about this. She replied, "Yes, it's not a great way to start out the new year, but just keep your end goal in mind." Okay, nurse. I shall do that.

Then, she asked me when my last menstrual period was. I stared at her for a moment (since she just saw me yesterday), and told her that I am currently on my period. Then, she stared at me back and said, "Oh. Huh. You are doing this for your FET, right?" Me: "Yes. I asked Nurse A if I should still come in for the biopsy if I was still on my period, and she said yes." So, the nurse set me up and still had me take a urine pregnancy test...even if they did a blood test yesterday...but whatever.

She got me set up on the table and asked me if I had to go back to work after this. I told her that I did, but I had informed my administrator that I had a biopsy and if I wasn't feeling well, that I'd not come back in. After the last biopsy, I felt crampy and in pain all day, and wasn't very happy about having to go back to work. She agreed that it would probably be best if I went home this time.

So, next I had to wait for my doctor to get done with his prior procedures. Nothing is more uncomfortable than sitting on a table, undressed from the waist down, and waiting for a doctor for ten minutes...especially when it's your time of the month.

Finally, he arrived and asked if I was ready. I told him I was not ready, but let's get this over with. And so, that is what he did. This time was still very painful, but not as painful as the last time. Maybe it's because I took all the tylenol, or maybe it's because I'm already bleeding and my lining isn't as thick...who knows? It still sucked, though, and I still hurt afterward.

The nurse told me to stay laying down for a few minutes, since I was feeling lightheadded, and they both left. As soon as they left, I started to cry. I wasn't crying because I hurt -- though, trust me, I did hurt -- but more because this is so unfair what I have to go through. I tried to keep telling myself, "I am doing this for my baby," but at the same time, I kept saying, "No woman should have to go through this."

When I got myself together, I got dressed. The nurse came back in to check on me and then I head on home. I still hurt, and I'm glad that I knew ahead of time not to go back to work. I was so miserable last time, cramping and feeling miserable, all while having to teach.

I'm going to each lunch and then curl up in bed for a couple of hours, and hopefully when I wake up, it won't hurt as much.

Here's my schedule up until my next appointment:

1/6: Estrogen Shot
1/9: Estrogen Shot
1/12: Estrogen Shot
1/14: Second ultrasound and bloodwork appointment
1/

2 comments:

  1. Awww. That just sounds terrible. Being vulnerable and in pain and alone at a medical office....yuck. Curling up in bed sounds like a good idea. Also, eat some of your favorite foods and watch something silly on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, I can't imagine what you are going through, but I know that when you are finally a mother, this pain will be a faded memory. I just know it. The feeling of being a mother outweighs any feeling you have ever had. Its heartbreaking reading your posts and reading what you are going through. I want to just come and hold your hand! Hang in there, sweetie. You have support from afar and I will weep with joy when you are finally experiencing the joy of being a mother.

    ReplyDelete