Thursday, January 10, 2013

Weight Loss

I know I've been popping in from time to time to give you an update on my weight loss. Most of the time, it gets caught up in my other posts, so this one will have a post of its own.

As most of you know, in August, I had my last appointment with my last RE. I was weighing 227 at that time -- the most I've ever weighed. The doctor told me that my egg quality was poor, and that I had to lose weight to improve it. In fact, he told me I had to lose thirty pounds all together. When I have done that, I could call back up to start treatment again.

This was crushing for two reasons: 1) Most of my weight gain came from medicine I was on and hormones taken during fertility treatment, and 2) He was basically telling me that I am at fault for my egg quality for being overweight.

With the encouragement of friends and family, I left this RE and found a new one. I'm so glad I did. But, I didn't do this until a little bit over a month later since that appointment. During that month, I drowned myself in sorrow. Here I am, trying to get pregnant, and I only have myself to blame for not achieving it. Well, according to the doctor, that is. I also started to try and lose weight.

I weighed myself today. Since August, I've lost 22 lbs. I am now down to 205, just five pounds away from my next weight loss milestone.

On one hand, I am proud of myself. On the other hand, I am thinking that most of this weight loss is coming from what I thought was causing it in the first place: My migraine medicine and the dexmethasone I was put on for six months. The migraine meds were beta blockers, which can cause weight gain, and the dexmethasone is a steriod, which, if taken for a prolonged period of time, can cause weight gain. Six months of taking it non-stop is ridiculous in itself...but the weight I put on was also ridiculous.

But, I'm down 22 lbs, and that's what matters right now. I'm healthier, and I want to continue to get healthier. And maybe Murphy's Law will set in and just when I hit my goal of 200 lbs...I'll get pregnant and put on all the weight again...hahahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment