Friday, July 13, 2012

The First of Many Appointments


I had my blood work and an ultrasound done today. My u/s looked fine (no cysts!), and I will find out about my b/w around noon.

The nurses managed to fill me with false hope too. The one who was doing my b/w asked me when I got my period after my birth control pills. I told her that I didn't get my period, and I didn't get a period the last time either. She sorta looked at me for a moment and then said, "Well, we'll have to run another test, then." Soooo, I was like...okaaaay.

So, while I was on my way to the examination room, another nurse stopped me and asked me when I got my period. I told her that I didn't get my period, and she also stared at me a moment and then said, "Well, we will run a hcg test too." Blah. Fine. 



There have been times in the last couple of weeks where I questioned if I was pregnant or not. I've been hungry right after eating, and some mornings I wake up and I feel sick. I've been super emotional. So...I came home and I took the last pregnancy test that I have in the house. It came up negative. Silly nurses and their false hope. :< 

I call them back at noon to see if my blood work is good. If all is okay, I will start stimming tomorrow. Then, about ten days after that, I will have my egg retrieval, and three days after that, I will have my transfer. 

Let's get this right this time, okay? 



No comments:

Post a Comment