Thursday, July 19, 2012

IVF #2: First Follie Scan

Good Morning!

Today was my first follicle scan. I had more blood work done first, and, already, the nurse couldn't find a good vein. She poked around, and I'm sure I'm going to have bruises later, then finally switched arms when she couldn't get a good stick on my left arm.

She saw my tattoo for the first time and asked me if I was a writer. I told her that my book comes out in November, and she went on to tell me about how her daughter wanted to be a writer, but went to law school instead. Anyway. I'm off topic.

Dr. P. did my follicle scan today. He looked at my left ovary first and found at least eight follicles there. Then he looked for my right ovary and couldn't find it. Low and behold, my ovaries are still "kissing" like last time, and are sitting right next to each other. All together, he said I have at least fourteen follicles...that's two better than last IVF cycle! Woowoo!

So, now I have to wait until 1pm for my blood results to see if my estrogen is on track and if I have to come back in tomorrow. Dr. P. said my estimated ER (egg retrieval) date will be Monday or Tuesday. I'm right on schedule!

Yaaaaaaaaaay.

No comments:

Post a Comment