Monday, July 23, 2012

IVF#2: Follie Scan #3...or is this #4? I lost count.

My scan went well this morning, but Dr. B. said something that sort of made me sad. She was talking about how people with PCOS go a few different ways during IVF. They either end up with canceled cycles because their levels are all off (which almost happened to me), or they end up with a bazillion follicles and have to go to the hospital for over stimulation, or they sort of fare in the middle and while they won't be one of the people who gets like twenty eggs at a retrieval, they have a few good ones.

She said she doesn't think I'll be one of the people who get twenty eggs at the retrieval, despite the fact that I have around twenty follicles. She estimated I'll only get 5-10 eggs.

Now, I am nervous I won't even get five eggs. I told her I just want enough to have some to freeze afterward, and she said that's a good possibility, and that even if we get just four, that would leave us with two to transfer and two to freeze. She just wants it to go better than the first time around.

Bleh.

Anyway. If my blood levels look fine this afternoon (keep your fingers crossed that they don't drop again), I will take my trigger (HCG) shot tonight, and my ER will be on Wednesday. This means my transfer will probably be Saturday or Sunday, depending on how the embryos grow.

This process sucks, by the way. Just throwing that out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment