Saturday, July 21, 2012

IVF#2: Follicle Scan #2

Woke up early this morning for my appointment. And when I mean early, I mean I woke up at 5 am for no reason, continuing my string of waking up between 4-5 am this week. Ugh. My appointment wasn't until 8:30, so I tried to go back to sleep, but it was no use. I couldn't turn my brain off.

But enough about that! Let's talk appointment! Dr. B. did my ultrasound today and said I had lots of big and little follicles in there, and that it was looking good. I asked her how many total, and she said "between fifteen and twenty." So, I'm rocking the follicles! Yay! I also told her that I was terrified of ovulating early again, which she assured me had little to no chance of happening since I'm doubled up on Lupron.

My blood results were okay, but my E2 level dropped, which means I have to up my Gonal-F back to 150 to try and get those numbers back up. After reading about E2 levels dropping, these could be the scenarios that would cause or happen because of such a thing:

1) My follicles are slowing down and not growing much anymore. This could lead to poor egg quality because if the follicles don't keep growing, the eggs won't keep maturing, and they will be useless to me upon the ER day. If my E2 levels continue to drop, they might cancel the cycle all together, in which case I will be crushed and pissed off at the same time.

2) My body is trying to ovulate again. E2 usually drops before you ovulate and then after you ovulate. It picks up again right before you get your period to prepare for a baby, if there is one. If there isn't, it will drop again. This makes me nervous, especially since the doctor specifically said today (before the blood work came back, that is) that there was practically no chance that I'd ovulate again on such a high dose of Lupron.

I will probably keep scouring the internet for more information about a drop in E2, but the nurse didn't sound too worried and said it dropped "a little bit" which makes me think that maybe my follicles are just getting lazypants and are slowing down.

Please let this cycle work out...

No comments:

Post a Comment