Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Lupron Begins

Today started my injections of Lupron. Also, I have to take baby aspirin from here on out, like I did last time. The injection went over well. I feel like I'm an old hat at this now. I just want to press fast forward and get all the shots over with, though.

We were watching Gene Simmons' Family Jewels, and on the show, his wife's sister is going through IVF for her second time. Granted, I think it has been eight years between when she had her last kid through IVF and this one. Still, it showed her struggling through the hormones, just to get to the doctor, who tells her that her lining wasn't thick enough and she'll have to wait a month and do it all over again. She was so upset. I couldn't help but to feel for her. I think I'd completely break down if I was told that I had to start all over again. I mean, I /am/ starting all over again now...but it's not the same when you've managed to get through the whole process.

Here's hoping that doesn't happen to me.

1 comment:

  1. I was just wondering about you today! I had remembered that you were supposed to start injections today. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete