Saturday, July 28, 2012

IVF#2: 1dp2dt or 3 DPO

Firstly, I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and comments and your prayers. They've really helped me this past week. :)

I had my day three blood work today. The nurse said I'd probably have to take a booster shot of HCG due to my past history during the last IVF. But, we were both pleasantly surprised when the results came back and all my levels are looking great. So, no booster shot for me. Yet. My next round of blood work will be on the 30th, and we will reevaluate then.

So, what is my little embryo up to, you might ask? Well, this chart is from an IVF center in New York. It explains what the embryo should be doing day-by-day. I've read that embryos that are hatched before transfer are technically a day ahead of schedule, so I suppose on the chart I'm around day 2 or 3?

Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
 Embryo Development
 One The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
 Two The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
 Three The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell 
 Four The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
 Five The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation 
 Six Implantation continues
 Seven Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop 
 Eight Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream 
 Nine Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted 
 Ten Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
 Eleven Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! no booster shot! I hope things continue to proceed well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting chart... so does this mean you'll resist the urge to test until day 11, at least??
    Praying hard for that little guy to stick!
    -JK

    ReplyDelete