Monday, July 30, 2012

IVF#2: 3dp2dt or 5 DPO

I can't sleep. Again. It's strange, really. I'm beyond exhausted, but when I get into bed, I can't turn my mind off. Everything is racing through it, from IVF to how much editing I need to get done, to what I should be doing during the day, but what I don't do because I end up sleeping most of it away...ugh.

I'm just barely 5DPO right now. Not even halfway through the TWW. It's actually not really bothering me much, the waiting. I feel much more at ease this time around than last time. I will say, that at the back of my mind, I keep thinking about what happens if this doesn't work...but I try to push those thoughts away as soon as they bubble up.

On the symptoms front, the only thing I've been experiencing is extreme fatigue. All I want to do is sleep. For example, today, I woke up at 5am, ate breakfast, went back to sleep at around 6, slept until my husband woke up at 8, fell back to sleep when he went to work...slept until noon. Woke up. Ate lunch. Played around on the computer. Went back to sleep at around 2 or 2:30, then slept until 5:45. Isn't that ridiculous?

Everyone keeps telling me to just do what my body wants/needs me to do, and I guess right now all it wants to do is sleep -- except for when I actually want to fall asleep, and then I stay up with my mind racing. Go figure.

It's really too early for any symptoms, to be honest. I read on another woman's IVF blog (she also had a 2dt) that her doctor told her that implantation should happen around 4 or 5 DPO for a two day transfer. I am not so sure if I believe that, but even if it is true, I wouldn't have enough HCG in my system to have any real side effects. It's most likely from the progesterone that I'm taking, in all honesty. The nurse wanted me to stay on the injections so that it doesn't drop again like it did last cycle. The injections are a little more powerful than the applicators, so that's probably what is making me so darned tired.

What else...hrm...

Oh, Nurse A. called me this morning and bumped my blood work day from today till tomorrow. That will probably be my last round of blood work until beta day, which is 8/6. Little milestones. They are what get you through all this waiting. ;)

Thank you for the continued support, and keep those fingers and toes crossed that this little bean sticks and holds on. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment