Tuesday, May 1, 2012

First Day of Injects

This morning marks my first day of injections. Brandon was supposed to give me my first one, but he was out on calls all last night, so I'm sure he's not going to wake up until after I've already gone to work.

The first thing I did was set up where I was going to administer the shot. This would be in my kitchen, since it's the only place with a surface I can use. So, I set out my sharps bin and got my Lupron kit ready:


Then, I took out the little Lurpon vial and pulled the plastic cap off the top.





After that, I prepared one of the needles by filling it with 10cc's of Lupron. The needle is really tiny and reads "insulin" on it, so I'm assuming it's the same sort of needles used for insulin shots. Can't be too bad, right?

 And look at those lovely nails! After this, I squeezed a little part of my belly under and to the left of my belly button, and I stuck the needle in and injected the Lupron. This was the part I thought I'd have trouble with, because I've never stuck myself with a needle before, but it wasn't too bad!

After the injection, I put the sharp into the bin and then realized I totally forgot to swab my tummy before I gave myself the shot. Oops. Next time!

The inject sight hurt just a little bit after the shot, but eventually, that went away. Now it's just a little red, and that's all.  I'm hoping I don't get the Lupron migraines that I've heard others talk about. Hopefully, my migraine medicine wards them off.

This is the first day of many days of injects. On the 5th, I'll stop my birth control pills, and then start my stimulation injections. That means I'll have two injections a day. Fun, fun.

This baby is going to be worth it, in the end. She'll never be able to say that I didn't ever want her.


1 comment: