Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ultrasound and Bloodwork Again

The ultrasound turned out great. The doctor said I have at least a good dozen follicles that are of a good size. He didn't tell me the measurements of the follicles, though, so I just have that to go off of. It's strange to think about that with my IUIs, I was hoping for 2-3 good follicles, and now I have /12/. That's nutso.

My bloodwork wasn't great, though. The nurse said my e2 (estridol) levels are too high and they are concerned. I gathered it would be high based off the first draw. I stupidly forgot to ask for numbers again, but will try and get them tomorrow. She kept me on the lower dosage of Gonal-F and Menopur and told me to come back for another blood draw tomorrow morning. So, I guess I'll be doing that.

I'm a little worried. If my e2 keeps rising, it could mean I am getting OHSS (Ovary Hyper Stimulation Syndrome), which could get pretty bad. Probably not bad enough to be put into the hospital, but it could get that bad. It would also mean possibly cancelling the IVF cycle, which would make me very, very upset. I want to at least get to my egg retrieval so I can get my eggies out of there.

The doctor mentioned my my ER (egg retrieval) should be early next week, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. I think it'll probably be Monday, which means my ET (egg transfer) will be on Wednesday or Thursday. I am thinking I might take off the day after the ER to give my body a chance to calm down, then go to work, then take off for my ET.

It's a lot of taking off, but I gave them a heads up, so hopefully, they won't be too mad. :/

1 comment: