Saturday, May 19, 2012

One More Day of Stims

Had to go to the doctor again today at 8:30 in the morning. It's how I love to start out my day!

Had blood drawn again, and then had an ultrasound. The doctor said my ovaries were sitting right next to each other, which they call "kissing ovaries." She amuses me. Anyway, the scan looked okay, but they needed to wait on my blood work to determine if I would trigger with hcg tonight or tomorrow night, therefore making my retrieval either Monday or Tuesday.

I was really hoping for Monday, but when I called back for my results, they told me that I needed just one more day of stims, and I would trigger tomorrow. So, I am taking a lower dose of just half of what I was taking before, and that will be that with the stims. Yay!

So tomorrow, I will be bringing my shot with me to Philadelphia since I will probably be there until the night time, and Brandon will have to inject it into my butt cheek. That should be mildly interesting.

I'm not sure what I am going to do as far as work is concerned next week. I am planning on taking off the day of the retrieval (obviously, since it's surgery), and the day after to recover properly -- so that is Tuesday and Wednesday, then go back Thursday and take off Friday? I mean...I may as well just take the week off, really. It'd probably be less stressful and more beneficial for the transfer...but I don't know. Leaving my students alone for a week scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment