Thursday, May 31, 2012

8dp2dt: Crampy and Out of Breath

Some interesting things have happened to me today. Firstly, toward the middle of the day, I started to cramp up really badly and my back hurt like hell. I was about to call the doctor, but I didn't want them to think I was stupid, so I didn't (and sort of regret it). It was uncomfortable to stand up, and I had to stay slightly stooped over to relieve it. I still feel crampy now, but it isn't as bad as before.

Then, I went to acupuncture, and I was really hoping she'd tell me that she thinks I'm pregnant by my pulse (which you can tell if you are trained in pulse reading). Instead, she told me my pulse was rapid, and I told her that I was feeling out of breath too. She said that rapid pulse means I have more "hot" energy. I went home and looked this up and found out that pregnancy is a "hot" condition. I also found this article which speaks about rapid pulse and shortness of breath in pregnancy, and how for some women, their pulse will pick up the moment they become pregnant.

I'm feeling very hopeful about this. I've never had cramps like this before, not ever, and the information from the acupuncturist was really helpful.

Here's a picture of my tests from today (the two bottom ones). Some people are saying the second to the last one is darker than the one above it (which is a great sign), but I am not sold. What I am curious about is that the tests aren't fading like they should be (another great sign!). We will see what it does tomorrow morning.


3 comments:

  1. Good signs! Good signs! I'm going to continue to send up prayers, and send positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek! I think this is all great news! Keeping my fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete