Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 11: U/S and B/W Almost there!

I woke up this morning feeling rather bloated. Despite the discomfort, I am taking this as a good sign, since bloating means big ovaries, and big ovaries means lots of follicles.

My appointment was at eight in the morning. I went in to a rather busy office. A nurse was trying to explain to a woman who spoke no English that she would be getting an internal ultrasound. That was amusing. I was taken into the exam room and saw Dr. K. today. He's always pretty funny. The lights turned off, and I watched on the screen to see how my progress was going.

What I saw nearly made me cry. Good tears, not bad ones.

There are lots of follicles! They've been keeping track of only six of them until now, but today, he measured most of them, and there are at least fifteen from what I saw. The biggest ones are around 19mm (I thought I saw one that was 21mm), and there are a handful that are around 13-16mm. I think this is when I started to get emotional. I never got to watch my ultrasounds before, so seeing all of those follicles reassured me that it is going to be okay. I couldn't take my eyes off of them. One of those follicles contains a part of my baby, I just know it.

When he was done, I saw the screen with the follicle count, and there were fifteen measured that I could see, unless it went onto another page. Dr. K. told me that we will probably be doing the retrieval on Saturday or Sunday. This is probably to let all those 13-16mm catch up some. They should be around 19mm for the ER. When I asked him how many follicles he saw, he said, "Millions! There were millions of them!" Haha. I'll just ask the nurse when she calls back later today with my E2 numbers.

It is said that each mature follicle (16mm and up) should produce 200 units of estrogen. I an anticipating my E2 to be around 2,000-3,500 or even more than that. Hopefully, it's in that range, since that would mean that my follicles are carrying good eggs. Of course, I'll update later when I get the phone call.

So, if my ER is on Saturday or Sunday, then (if I have enough embryos to make it to a five day transfer), I will be transferring on day of or the day after Thanksgiving. If I can only make it to a day three transfer, then I should go in on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I'm gonig to take the whole day off so I can stay on bedrest and relax after the transfer.

I am so happy. :)


UPDATE: Nurse S. called back to tell me that my E2 level is...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...4016! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Hahaha. She told me that this is GREAT, and that I am not going to take my shots tonight. Instead, I'll take the antagoist shot tomorrow morning, then come back in for another ultrasound and bloodwork. I also asked her how many follicles the doctor measured this time, and she told me he measured at least 25. 25! I was off by ten whole follicles! So, this is great, great, great, great news! Yay!

1 comment: