Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 13: Last Bloodwork and Ultrasound...for now.

Ultrasound still looked good. It also still hurt like a bitch. He didn't really look around as much as he did yesterday, though, so it didn't last as long, thankfully.

My E2 came back at a whopping 8241.This is good news and bad news. It's good news because (from what I understand), if my numbers are still rising while I am not taking any stims, that should mean that more eggs are maturing. But, it could also mean that my estrogen is just sky-rocketing and there are some studies out there that say high estrogen levels at retrieval can mean poor quality eggs. So, I don't know how to feel, especially since this also severely increases my chance of OHSS. My nurse emailed me and told me to drink as much gatorade as I can tonight, and to keep doing so after the ER. So, that's what I'll be doing. I swear I've already peed like twenty times today since I've been drinking so much, and my ovaries are pushing on my bladder.

I squeezed in an acupuncture appointment at 1:45 today too, because I am in so much discomfort. I left work early so I could go to it, and the session lasted a little over an hour. It helped, especially with a pain toward the middle of my abdomen, but sitting in the car for nearly two hours afterwards didn't help to keep the pressure off, and now I'm uncomfortable again.

8 am tomorrow is when I go in for the surgery. Send me some good vibes. :) I will update tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment