Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 1: Appointment

Today I had my appointment with a doctor at the clinic. She went over how this protocol is going to go, and gave me my schedule of doom. My ultrasound checked out great. I have no cysts. Before the birth control, my AFC was (at least) 42. This time, it was (at least) 48. 48!!!!! And she said that was probably being modest. She's expecting we'll get more eggs this time based off that alone, but we will see. Anything can happen, as we saw my last two attempts.

She said we are going to be more aggressive this time around, and because I'm not on a lupron protocol, we should be able to get more eggs than last time. She suspects I was being over-suppressed my last attempt, and that is why I didn't get a lot of eggs. Hopefully, without the lupron, it will go better this time around. She also mentioned that because I have such a high AFC, that I should respond well to the stims. In fact, I should have responded well to a low dose, and now we will be using higher doses.

Again, I am feeling much more hopeful. Especially because my AFC looks great compared to what FCM said I had my previous cycle (they claimed I only had 10, but my doctor thinks they might count a different way than SGF does).

Oh, and sadly, FCM continued to play run-around games with B and I when it came to getting paperwork/files from them. So, B went into the office today and got the papers from them himself, since they keep claiming (and who knows, it might be true) that they sent us the files in the mail...twice...and they never got to us.  Whatevs!

I'll get my bloodwork results in tomorrow, and I'll start my stims on Sunday if all still looks good. :) Here goes nothing!

2 comments: